Reporting to the VP Engineering, The Software Developer will work on multi-departmental projects creating solutions that meet market needs relating to architecture, implementation, testing and maintenance. The Software Developer is responsible for designing fully functioning, debugged code with required documentation that meets development goals.
You will bring skills to imaginatively address assignments of all complexity levels. We value the ability to collaborate, learn and provide the freedom necessary for each person to do their work, with the expectation that we will get high performance in return.
The candidate will demonstrate self-motivation and own the execution of project/program tasks, confidently challenge traditional conventions and recommend new effective approaches. Deliverables may require extensive technical analysis and inventive design recommendations for cost effective resolutions. Contributions may lead to new ideas that support the generation of intellectual property.
Experience with Visual Studio, PHP and C# is required.
A demonstration of your programming abilities will be required as part of the interview process.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter indicating where you saw this posting.
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design, code, and test major features in collaboration with Team Members, Design Engineers, Documentation Specialists, Application Scientists, and other members of the development and technical team to deliver complex changes.
- Define, design, and implement, multi-tiered object-oriented distributed software applications.
- Maintain and modify existing applications.
- Perform maintenance programming for existing version.
- Perform custom programming as assigned.
- Fix defects and add features to software.
- Debug and test software implementation.
- Participate in the design and implementation of databases.
- Ensure the functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and system architecture for each assignment.
- Provide recommendations for improvements in the overall development process.
- Implement software modules, on the embedded platform and analysis workstation.
- Customer data recovery from tools returned to DataCan
· Provide design documents and documentation to ensure efficient maintenance and code reuse.
· Document software designs and code with specifications and source comments, and create end user documentation
· Actively participate in team meetings and offer ideas/ recommendations on design projects
· Interact with key partners and internal users regarding timelines, technical issues and infrastructure integration
· Document processes, testing and compliance with established policies and procedures
· Ensure work progress to schedules and keep team informed of the project process
· Stay current with trends, techniques, technology and other factors impacting the job
· Analyze and interpret data
· Provide technical advice and software support to customers
Education and Experience
· B.Sc. or greater in Computer Science or Computer / Software Engineering from an accredited University
· Experience with Visual Studio and C#
· Knowledge of Object-oriented PHP Programming and web frameworks such as Laravel and Slim
· Familiarity with SQL databases
· Code versioning tools including CVS, SVN and Git
· Experience with code writing for large data sets
- Be self-motivated, organized and have the demonstrated ability to work on different projects concurrently and to successfully manage deadlines;
- Have the ability to work independently in a fast-changing environment and to learn new tools and applications quickly and independently;
· Be willing and capable to learn new techniques and conquer new applications as part of a multi-disciplinary and international team;
· Working knowledge of ERP systems and computer programs, specifically, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
· Ability to read and write English, follow verbal and written instructions and use math
· Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
· Solid understanding of quality standards and health and safety regulations
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- On-site parking
DataCan is a design, engineering and manufacturing team that specializes in creating products for down-hole tool data collection solutions. DataCan recently opened an office in the Houston, Texas area and is looking for a motivated Sales Representative and Account Manager to assist Senior Management in customer and revenue growth and asset management.
Prospect and close new clients
Manage and grow existing accounts
Negotiate customer proposals, quotes, and agreements effectively
Assist in the search and implementation of a CRM
Track and manage inventory
Perform other duties as assigned
Associates Degree or Higher
2 years of B2B Sales Experience
1 year in a Customer-Facing Role
Must Currently Reside in Houston, Texas
Self-motivated individual with strong business acumen, good time management and task prioritization skills
Customer focused approach and ability to learn and adapt to needs and changes quickly Valid Driver’s license, ability to travel internationally
1+ years of oil and gas sales experience
Technical knowledge of memory gauges, permanent monitoring systems, and production logging tools a plus
1+ years of accounting experience
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and growth prospects for the right candidate
Paid holidays, vacation and sick time